I bet you all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, right? But do you know why? Do you know how to make it healthy? Or better yet, do you even eat breakfast on a regular basis? Below is a list of facts that might change your outlook on breakfast.
- Breakfast literally means “break the fast”. Eating a balanced breakfast can set you off on the right track to eat healthy meals the rest of the day.
- Breakfast foods are a great source of important nutrients, such as calcium, iron and B vitamins, as well as protein and iron. Studies show that if you miss out on these important nutrients during breakfast time, you are less likely to compensate for them later in the day.
- Those who eat breakfast are more likely to maintain a healthy weight. Those who skip out on breakfast usually reach for high-sugar and fatty snacks mid-morning.
- Breakfast provides the boost in blood sugar that formulates memory-boosting neurotransmitter acetylcholine.
Though there are many other reasons why breakfast is the most important meal of the day, need I say more?
Now that you are convinced that you need to be eating breakfast, you might be wondering what a balanced breakfast looks like. Perhaps a donut and some coffee? I wish. Or what about Pop-Tarts and Apple Juice? Definitely not. Though you may think you are doing something right by eating foods similar to these for breakfast, eating donuts and Pop-Tarts gives you the same effect (if not worse) as eating no breakfast at all! To reap the benefits of eating a balanced breakfast, choose from one of these delicious options below.
- 21 Ideas of Energy Boosting Breakfast Toasts: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/ASqBq2PQwq9cQBEaBt54RHrKS9ijzHkttvVS8EQz-dzqfDk5AuaZ07c/
- 10 Healthy Breakfast Recipes for More Energetic Mornings (recipes include yogurt filled cantaloupe bowl, eggs baked in avocado, banana nut oatmeal, and many more!): http://www.brit.co/healthy-breakfast-recipes/
- Smoothie Kit Creations: http://www.organizeyourselfskinny.com/2013/11/13/smoothie-kit-creations/
- 7 Low-Calorie Breakfast Recipes (recipes include pumpkin & granola parfait, bagel & cream cheese with tomato, peanut butter and banana pancakes, and many more!): http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/weight-loss/plans/31-day/lose-10-pounds-in-30-days-diet-low-calorie-breakfast-recipes/
With your new knowledge of the importance of breakfast and endless amounts of healthy recipes at the click of a mouse, there should be no more excuses! Give your self a great start to your day tomorrow and enjoy your breakfast!